I hope this answers all your practical questions.
If you need more information, feel free to call or email anytime at 206-362-8167 or email@example.com.
Office address: Northgate Executive Center II
9725 3rd Ave. N.E. Suite 202 Seattle, WA 98115
Office hours: In-office and online appointments are available
10 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, US Pacific time.
For new in-person clients:
My office is in the Northgate area of Seattle, just east of I-5 and two blocks south of Northgate Mall.
From the north: Go south on I-5. Exit at the Northgate Exit and head east. Turn right onto 1st Ave. N.E. and continue past Northgate Mall, which is on your left. Then turn left at NE 100th and right into the office park at 3rd Ave. N.E. The Northgate Executive Center II building is on your right.
By bus: Take any bus that goes to the Northgate Transit Center just south of Northgate Mall. Walk across the street to the south and go between the two white buildings. You will see my building straight ahead across the parking lot.
Insurance & Billing
If you are working with me in person, your fee may be covered, at least in part, by your health insurance. Although I no longer bill insurance companies directly, your work with me may still be covered to the extent your insurance plan allows if the you have:
- A plan that allows coverage for “out-of-network” or “non-participating” mental health professionals.
- You may also be able to use your payment to me under your Health Saving Account with your employer.
- Auto insurance that covers emotional recovery.
Ask your health insurance company if your plan will cover work with me specifically, or by virtue of my being a Licensed Mental Health Counselor. For their reference, my Tax ID# is 911629144. It is well worth a call to your health insurance provider to find out.
Please call for my current rates.
New Client Forms
- Counselor Disclosure of Information and Office Policies: Please read this thoroughly, sign at the bottom and bring with you for me to sign, along with any questions you may have.
- Client Information Form: A short form for you to fill out and bring. If I will not be billing your insurance directly, you can leave the insurance information section blank.
- Billing and Fee Information Form: An explanation of my fees and insurance billing policies.
- Agreement Form: A short list of items I would like you to be aware of before we begin.
I look forward to seeing you soon.